Tuesday, June 5, 2007

New York, New York

I've been in New York for 5 days now

the things I've learned

1. If you think it's the right train don't get off especially if you're drunk and it's 3 am.
2. The signs on the columns at pacific-atlantic stop say pacific, which is retarded.
3.New York loves J's
4.New York is fly; so fly that I feel like a bum if I don't go out looking Doug E.

What I didn't need to learn about New York
1. It has the best rappers
2.It has the best rappers
3. It has the best rappers

When I say they have the best Rappers I am not referring to the Golden age of hip hop where almost everyone who was rapping was amazingly talented or had amazingly talented ghost writers; I am talking about today right now as I'm writing this. How many NY rappers, who are more talented than 90% of the rappers that have gone platinum in the past 3 years, have been relegated to being mixtape stars? Immediately graph, gravy, nucci reyo, red cafe(questionably), maino, saigon, papoose and jae mills (sai, pap and jae are signed but still haven't released albums which is why I have included them) come to mind. With such a wealth of talent waiting for their shot to become the next Jigga why the fuck did someone sign MIMS. Him getting signed is proof enough that there is a lottery for getting rap deals and i want to know where I can buy my ticket.
Really I want to but out a single which says nothing about me besides that I am a greedy arrogant fuck and have it get 10000000000000 spins then flop, really I do. How is it that even though the lottery system has proven that it will only result in big singles and small sales that it still persists. More importantly it needs to be stopped so that played out songs aren't used in every possible ad to squeeze every possible dollar out of the song, because it is fucking annoying for the listeners who heard the song the trillion times it played thanks to payola.
The real problem is even the Majors are just too stuck in their ways, they still make so much money off mediocre sales of mediocre albums that they do not have to change and so they will will continue to force feed us doo doo raps.
How can we fight the majors, the same way we fight should fight corporations; steal from em, fuck boycotting them that won't help. All those who want to save mainstream hip hop should dl what ever wack album is out, steal 100 cdrs from wal mart, burn the album onto those disks, and then go sell em for 5 dollars. I am not advocating bootlegging, just the bootlegging of wack albums. Hopefully enough wack albums will have such poor sales that they become extinct.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

real talk

Unknown said...

fight the powers that be

Anonymous said...

T&T stand up.








by the way that was too long to read.